For our online Lenten Retreat 2012, I invite you to join me in An Ignatian Prayer Adventure. This year’s retreat will be a little different from previous ones, because we’re joining with our friends at IgnatianSpirituality.com and People for Others to offer an eight-week adaptation of the Spiritual Exercises, drawing from the longer retreat in The Ignatian Adventure by Kevin O’Brien, SJ.
What to expect from this Lent’s retreat:
- Sundays: The week’s excerpts and exercises from The Ignatian Adventure and other sources will be available at IgnatianSpirituality.com.
- Mondays: A post here based on the week’s themes. Also look to People for Others for a video reflection.
- Tuesdays: Jim Manney at dotMagis (the blog of IgnatianSpirituality.com) will offer a video reflection.
- Wednesdays: A second post here on DDF, going deeper into the week’s themes.
- Thursdays: Discussion question on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/IgnatianSpirituality.
- Fridays: A video or reflection of words and images to help you focus and rest.
- Saturdays: Review the graces of the week, and take time to comment at any of the blogs or on Facebook.
We’ll begin on Sunday, February 19, just a few days before Ash Wednesday. Our retreat will take us through Lent, Holy Week, and the first week of Easter.
For notifications of all of the new elements to the retreat, please subscribe to dotMagis and People for Others in addition to this blog. And if you’re not already subscribed to Days of Deepening Friendship, you can sign up for e-mail alerts when new posts are ready here.