It’s difficult to talk about going home, if we’re not sure what constitutes home. Here are some ideas to start with—I’ll depend on you, the DDF community, to add your thoughts.
- Home is where I feel stable and safe.
- Home is where I can rest and heal.
- Home is where I have the resources to grow and to develop my gifts and interests.
- Home is where loved ones dwell.
- Home is where my important memories reside.
- Home is where I grew up.
- Home is where I live now.
- Home must be comfortable.
- Home must be an expression of my specific personality and desires.
- Home is private and owned by me and/or my family.
What do you think are important characteristics of home?