Okay, now it’s time to get creative and plan for the coming weeks on Days of Deepening Friendship. Here’s a rough list, some items you’ll recognize and others we could try:
- Mystical Mondays: include a quote from a woman mystic and then reflect on it; obviously, we don’t do this throughout the year but two or three periods in a year.
- Friday Reflections: using images, provide a guided reflection or words for meditation.
- Videos: it’s nice to include some great songs or movie clips from time to time.
- Topics related to the liturgical calendar: we do this part of the time because we’re a Catholic publisher and many in our blog communities follow the Christian calendar.
- Topics related to news and current events: should we do more of this, or does it matter? We’re not afraid of politics, but that isn’t our main thing.
- Issues directly related to the second half of life: we’ll continue doing this part of the time, because most of us connected to DDF are in the second half of life.
- Mini-retreats: based on Scripture, saints, certain types of prayer or spiritual reading.
- Surveys or other ways to invite direct input from the online community.
- Book or article excerpts: we will continue sharing bits from books we’re publishing, but we’ll use wisdom from other sources as well.
- Material from other blogs and Web sites: we’ll need your help finding these sites but would like to include more “visitor” material sometimes.
We want your ideas and suggestions! Please let us know what you think.