This seems simple enough, but why not be quite intentional about taking in, once more, the story of Jesus’ birth?
- Read it in Scripture.
- Read a children’s book version of the story.
- Watch a film about it, such as The Nativity Story or Jesus of Nazareth (first part).
- Read about it in poetry form.
- Meditate on images of various scenes from the story, whether classic artworks, traditional icons, stained-glass images, or any number of artistic renderings.
- See it in drama or dance or another dramatic representation.
If you’re willing to spend even more time and energy on this, write your own imaginative exploration of this story, putting yourself in the scenes and interacting with Mary, Joseph, the shepherds, and so on. Several years ago, I wrote a novella that did this, The Winter Seeking.