Loyola Press offers many resources for your Lenten reading and reflection.
- We will host our annual online Lenten retreat here on Days of Deepening Friendship; the video introduction will be posted Wednesday of this week.
- The Loyola Press Web site has a section dedicated to Lenten resources: http://www.loyolapress.com/lent.
- Arts & Faith: Lent offers great material for reflection.
- Go to IgnatianSpirituality.com for all sorts of articles, posts at the dotMagis blog, and many Ignatian resources.
Also, here are some good books:
- Lenten Meditations: Growing in Friendship with God by William A. Barry, SJ. This small but mighty book is available only in 10-packs. Great for small group work.
- The Ignatian Workout for Lent: 40 Days of Prayer, Reflection, and Action by Tim Muldoon. This bite-sized volume provides 40 brief exercises organized according to the four “weeks” of prayer from the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius.
- Praying Freedom: A Book of Lenten Meditations by Vinita Hampton Wright. These short meditations and prayer practices focus on spiritual freedom.
- A Book of Lenten Prayers by William G. Storey. A fine collection of traditional Catholic prayers and devotions.
- Praying Lent: Renewing Our Lives on the Lenten Journey by Andy Alexander, SJ, and Maureen McCann Waldron, in partnership with Creighton University’s Online Ministries. This book reminds us that if we focus too much on what we give up, we may miss the message of what God wants to give us during this grace-filled time.
- Days of Deepening Friendship: For the Woman Who Wants Authentic Life with God by Vinita Hampton Wright. Although probably too long a book to use only during the Lenten season, it provides practices, exercises, and meditations on multiple topics related to our friendship with God. Designed for individual or group use.
During Lent, four of these books—Praying Freedom, The Ignatian Workout for Lent, A Book of Lenten Prayers, and Praying Lent—are available at 30% off by using the code 4554. Shipping and handling are additional. Offer expires April 3, 2015.
I hope these resources can help you prepare for this holy season.