I offer a short meditation to take you into the weekend.
- Get comfortable and take a few deep breaths. Close your eyes.
- In your imagination, place yourself in a location that is comfortable and beautiful and where you feel safe.
- Notice that a person is walking toward you. As he draws closer, you realize it is Jesus. (Or, if you prefer, it’s Mary, the mother of Jesus.)
- Jesus smiles at you and then embraces you and sits down across from you to talk. You understand from the expression on Jesus’ face that he is here to tell you something wonderful.
- Jesus makes the following statements to you. Fill in the blanks for yourself.
- “What I enjoy so much about the way you go through a day is . . .”
- “I came to remind you that your gifts of [blank] and [blank] express the Father’s love—thank you for offering these gifts to the world!”
- “There’s a beautiful quality about you that you fail to see much of the time, and it is this: . . .”
- “Don’t be afraid to . . .”